Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 



Factcheck.org on Trump's "birther" claims.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Factcheck.org on Trump's "birther" claims. Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is part of the article from factcheck.org...called "Donald, you're fired."
The link to the entire piece is:

[/url] http://factcheck.org/2011/04/donald-youre-fired/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook[/url]


If Donald Trump worked for us, we’d have to say: "Donald, you’re fired — for incompetence." The successful developer and TV celebrity says he’d make a good president, and maybe he would — we take no stand either way about that. But when it comes to getting facts straight, he fouls up again and again on the basics of President Barack Obama’s birth. As a rookie reporter, he just wouldn’t make it.

He claims the president’s grandmother says Obama was born in Kenya. In fact, the recording to which he refers shows Sarah Obama repeatedly saying through a translator: "He was born in America."

He claims that no hospital in Hawaii has a record of Obama’s birth. Hospital records are confidential under federal law, but Honolulu’s Kapi’olani Medical Center has published a letter from Obama calling it "the place of my birth," thus publicly confirming it as his birthplace.

He insists that the official "Certification of Live Birth" that Obama produced in 2008 is "not a birth certificate." That’s wrong. The U.S. Department of State uses "birth certificate" as a generic term to include the official Hawaii document, which satisfies legal requirements for proving citizenship and obtaining a passport.
He claims that there’s no signature or certification number on the document released by Obama. Wrong again. Photos of the document, which we posted in 2008, clearly show those details.

He says newspaper announcements of Obama’s birth that appeared in Hawaii newspapers in 1961 "probably" were placed there fraudulently by his now-deceased American grandparents. Actually, a state health department official and a former managing editor of one of the newspapers said the information came straight from the state health department.

He claims "nobody knew" Obama when he was growing up and "nobody ever comes forward" who knew him as a child. "If I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten," Trump said. Well, two retired kindergarten teachers in a 2009 news story fondly recall teaching a young Barack Obama.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: FactCheck.org on the "Ceritificate of Live Birth." Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Here is an informative, 2008 article from FactCheck.org on the "Certificate of Live Birth."

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunny1017



Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 1725
Location: Middle Twp.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Who checks fact checker's facts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Glenn Beck.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201006010050
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sunny1017 wrote:
Who checks fact checker's facts?


Many people have checked Factcheck.org. It has been sited on both CNN and Fox, and in the print media. I first remember reading about it in the Washington Post a couple of years ago. It is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania. It frequently "calls out" both the Democrats and Republicans, although it seems like the various news outlets "cherry pick" their articles to suit their political points of view. Outside of Glen Beck...I've never heard anyone question their integrity, but I don't follow the "fringe", more extreme left and right media.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
Obama has spent over 2 million to suppress his Birth Certificate.
Obama released an official copy of the Hawaii certificate during the presidential campaign.

Even so, lawyers for Obama have been steadily batting down a stream of lawsuits, winning motions to dismiss the suits in courts from Pennsylvania to Hawaii, from the state level to the United States Supreme Court.

To believers, the legal engagement itself is evidence that something's afoot. "Obama is spending hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars," said Gary Kreep, the lawyer representing former Republican presidential candidate Alan Keyes, who sued Obama in California to prevent the state from certifying its election results.


http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090301/pl_politico/19450
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
You keep posting that same Certificate of Live Birth that is in fact not a Birth Certificate
Actually, the new argument goes like this: Obama never published his "Birth Certificate" (a "Certificate of Live Birth") on the Internet; what he posted was a "Certification of Live Birth."

"They're just words," said a spokesperson for the Hawaii Department of Health. "When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his (Obama's) site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."


http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/jul/01/obamas-birth-certificate-final-chapter-time-we-mea/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
freddy wrote:
You keep posting that same Certificate of Live Birth that is in fact not a Birth Certificate
Actually, the new argument goes like this: Obama never published his "Birth Certificate" (a "Certificate of Live Birth") on the Internet; what he posted was a "Certification of Live Birth."

"They're just words," said a spokesperson for the Hawaii Department of Health. "When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his (Obama's) site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."


http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/jul/01/obamas-birth-certificate-final-chapter-time-we-mea/


Right...the "Certificate of Live Birth" is a birth certificate. The U.S. Department of State uses "birth certificate" as a generic term to include the official Hawaii document, which satisfies legal requirements for proving citizenship and obtaining a passport.

People that think that Obama is a US Citizen: Speaker of the house, Rep. John Boehner . House Majority leader, Rep Eric Cantor...who says that "most Americans are beyond that question."
People that think that Obama is not a US Citizen: David Duke, Donald Trump and Glenn Beck.

This subject has been researched to death...CNN...Snopes.com...factcheck.org....politifact. There isn't a major news outlet, or news paper that has shown any legitimate evidence that he was not born in the US.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwstillgreat



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You do understand that Trump's entire "campaign" is nothing but a publicity stunt, right? He has masterly manipulated the media to suit his needs. It worked, people are paying attention to him. While Rome burns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

wwstillgreat wrote:
You do understand that Trump's entire "campaign" is nothing but a publicity stunt, right? He has masterly manipulated the media to suit his needs. It worked, people are paying attention to him. While Rome burns.


Yes, I understand that. I have said before that this is most likely self promotion. While I think that he is a pimp and an ego-maniac, I don't think he is stupid enough to think that he has a chance at the nomination...let alone the Presidency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RealMan



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 1094

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

On a positive note, Trump doesn't drink the Kool-Aid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe



Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And like every other thing Trump does, he'll use other people's money to do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RealMan



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 1094

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
And like every other thing Trump does, he'll use other people's money to do it.


I guess that means he'll be running as democrat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RealMan wrote:
Joe wrote:
And like every other thing Trump does, he'll use other people's money to do it.


I guess that means he'll be running as democrat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RealMan wrote:
On a positive note, Trump doesn't drink the Kool-Aid.


Really? The "Kool-Aid" thing is definitely played. Besides...it's always the most one-sided, blind, uninformed and deluded that claim others are drinking it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RealMan



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 1094

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You could admit your own Kool-Aid self-medication and even the score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RealMan wrote:
You could admit your own Kool-Aid self-medication and even the score.


I tried to provide legitimate sources to back up my statements. What do you disagree with? Do you have anything to add?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote


"Now you know why – No birth certificate!”

April 18 -- Republican strategist Marilyn Davenport is in hot water after distributing this email that features President Obama as the child of a family of chimpanzees.

Said Davenport, “In no way did I even consider the fact he’s half black when I sent out the email."

"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black."

Davenport is a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:

"Now you know why – No birth certificate!”

April 18 -- Republican strategist Marilyn Davenport is in hot water after distributing this email that features President Obama as the child of a family of chimpanzees.

Said Davenport, “In no way did I even consider the fact he’s half black when I sent out the email."

"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black."

Davenport is a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.


Is it any wonder that this country is in such trouble, when the people who plan strategy for our leaders screw up this badly? Did she not consider the possibility that this might get out. Brilliant strategy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scorpion



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 6090
Location: NW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Perhaps it would have been less offensive if she chose to use greasepaint, red ball noses, funny hats and a strategically placed boutonniere squirting water. Or is that brilliant strategy already spoken for?
_________________
Lincoln (R) freed the slaves. Obama (D) has enslaved the free.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
Perhaps it would have been less offensive if she chose to use greasepaint, red ball noses, funny hats and a strategically placed boutonniere squirting water. Or is that brilliant strategy already spoken for?


So..you think this was a good career move for her?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
Perhaps it would have been less offensive if she chose to use greasepaint, red ball noses, funny hats and a strategically placed boutonniere squirting water.
The difference is that clowns in our history, for those who choose not to ignore it, have not been dehumanized in such a way that it is okay to treat them as less than human.

A six-year research study at Stanford found that whites who do not regard blacks as “fully human” are also likely to ignore or even condone violence against blacks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Took them 6 years to come up with that conclusion? Real geniuses there at Stanford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Trupat_78 wrote:
Cops and Robbers wrote:

"Now you know why – No birth certificate!”

April 18 -- Republican strategist Marilyn Davenport is in hot water after distributing this email that features President Obama as the child of a family of chimpanzees.

Said Davenport, “In no way did I even consider the fact he’s half black when I sent out the email."

"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black."

Davenport is a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.


Is it any wonder that this country is in such trouble, when the people who plan strategy for our leaders screw up this badly? Did she not consider the possibility that this might get out. Brilliant strategy.


When someone portrays a black person as a Chimp...all black people are offended. When someone portrays Donald Trump as a clown, all of the clowns are offended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lefty32



Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 537

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Let's see, He hated Reagan then
NOW, he said he is one of the greatest Presidents

He was Pro-Choice
Now he is Anti-Life

He was for raising taxes for the richest Americans (Like himself)
Now, he says it will kill big business

He was for gay marriage
Now, he is against gay marriage

He was for Health Care reform
Now he is against the Affordable Health Care Reform

He has more flip flops than a family of tourists in Wildwood during the Summer

Please Mr. Trump, Run

BTW: I never even mentioned he was a birther!!!
_________________
Irony, it can be pretty ironic don't you think?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum