Friday, March 29, 2024

Search

Tradition continues at RIS Gallery

By On Deck Staff

It’s a family affair 45 years in the making.
Stone Harbor’s longest tenured year round art gallery, William Ris Gallery, has finished a complete interior restoration.
With the restoration, the gallery added new artists to it’s already well established and nationally renowned roster for the 2009 summer season.
The gallery features many of the finest artists in the region, including Robert Andriulli, Lance Balderson, Michael Budden, Jerry Caron, David Coolidge, Edward Cooper, Raymond Ewing, Diane Hark, Katya Held, Jonathan Mandell, Elissa Prystauk, Ilona Sochynsky, Sara Steele, Katherine Steiger, Stan Sperlak, Susan Barnes, Sandra Bloodworth, Jesse Harrington, and Wanda Kline.
A sampling of images can be seen online at the newly launched Web site: williamris.com.
William Ris Gallery began in 1966, when Barbara Starr Schreckengaust and her son William Ris Schreckengaust opened the Camp Hill Gallery and Academy of Art in Camp Hill, Pa.
Their collaboration, love and knowledge of the arts was the foundation for the continuing success of the gallery, which was renamed in Bill’s honor following his death in 1970.
In 1971, the gallery opened its second location in Stone Harbor. Today the gallery has another family member involved.
In the position of Assistant Director to her mother is Mary Cantone, the daughter and sister of Barbara and Bill. Cantone has overseen the renovation and operation of the gallery.
“With my background in the fine arts and design it is a natural fit for me to be at the gallery. Overseeing the changes has been a thrill for me,” Cantone said.

Spout Off

Villas – To the channel40 spouter. You may be able to get Philly channel with a different store antenna. I guess that's the closest after Vineland.

Read More

Villas – It’s obvious if you take a quick glance at the ariel photo of Hereford Inlet that the grid of Wildwood development violates the natural shoreline. Stop the bickering and don’t use my tax dollars to…

Read More

Court House – Reading the Spout offs you find clear evidence that our Public Education is destroying this once Great Country. We once had the best Public Education in the World ,today 2024 our Public Education is…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content