Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Disc Golf Course at Ft. Apache

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff blake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Disc Golf Course at Ft. Apache Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We are trying to build a disc golf course at the Fort Apache Recreation Complex in Rio Grande. Haven't played? Never heard of it? It's one of the fastest growing sports in the country! It can be played by beginners, athletes, mothers, families, young, old, and anyone in between! For more information visit our Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cape-May-County-Disc-Golf-Association/119846758090803

We're trying to bring some recreation options to the local area! Help us improve our community!!!
Mikedee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

hippie
freddy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Please dont displace any feral cats or piping plovers.
jeff blake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: disc golf course at Fort Apache Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds like MIke knows nothing about the sport...like so many other people who spout off about things they don't know anything about. Or, maybe he's one of those guys who struggles to get himself off the couch! lol
ERMA23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I played it up in maine a bunch of times and had a blast. Alot of fun and great exercise.
ToddSteve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Awesome!! I hope this happens. I just moved here from Colorado where I used to play all the time, and I miss the sport. Disc Golf is a great game, and it's great exercise. I hope Cape May County allows this great idea to become a reality.
marmoracat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc Golf Course at Ft. Apache Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

jeff blake wrote:
It's one of the fastest growing sports in the country! !!

There has been a "course" in the Cape May County Park/Zoo for as long as I can remember. Out of all the times I've been there with my kids(when they were younger) I can't recall seeing anyone ever playing it.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I played in Fairmount park (Philly)years ago. Lots of fun but nobody was ever there also. I just think people don't know what it is. Great temporary idea for open space use. Until they can build more condos.
ToddSteve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Disc Golf Course at Ft. Apache Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

marmoracat wrote:
jeff blake wrote:
It's one of the fastest growing sports in the country! !!

There has been a "course" in the Cape May County Park/Zoo for as long as I can remember. Out of all the times I've been there with my kids(when they were younger) I can't recall seeing anyone ever playing it.

I just went to the course by the zoo to check it out. It's no wonder nobody goes there, it's not much of a course. Poor layout, and not really the space conducive to a high-caliber course. With a better course, the sport could flourish here. I hope the powers that be make this happen.
jeff blake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Disc golf course at Ft Apache Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We can make it happen, but it would help to have people who have played get involved. Getting involved doesn't mean going to meetings, talking with politicians, etc...it could be as little as adding the Cape May County Disc Golf Association to your Facebook Friends

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cape-May-County-Disc-Golf-Association/119846758090803

The ball is rolling! We have spoken to the powers that be in Middle Township and they seem very interested. If anyone out there has any ideas, please let us know on Facebook or via this thread!

Thanks!
freddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Make sure the chicks driving the beer cart are hot and naked. You asked for suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: