Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

SIC SCHOOL BOARD IS A DISGRACE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Change Is Inevitable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: SIC SCHOOL BOARD IS A DISGRACE Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ever since this group of individuals has taken over the board they have tried to close the school.

They have done this under the guise of "we want what is best for the "kids" Bull:: removed ::

I find it funny that board members think that our children will get a "better" education in OC, when "OUR" children are better prepared when they go to OC than the Ocean City children.

Can the board explain that?

This group wants control!

Is it a coincidence that Dan Organ and Barbera Drew are on the board and all of a sudden they are running for council?

They are puppets of our new mayoral candidate Mike McHale.

How much does it cost to send a child to OC compared to SIC? Will the board even tell us?

If you guys are complaining about your school taxes now wait till the school is closed and OC can charge us whatever they want. Don't forget all of those extra busses going back and forth.

What is the real reason you are closing the school?

Political promises that you made to all of your SICTA flunkies?

See you all at the meeting on March 1st 6:00 SICPS
freddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Didny I just read somewhere that the school is broke?
Change Is Inevitable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Meeting is at 7pm tonight.
Chester

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I thought the meeting was at 6 PM.
freddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

With a name like Chester you should not be going anywhere near a grade school or meetings pertaining to grade schools.
seaisle72

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If the school closes, who controls the building?
Chester

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="freddy"]With a name like Chester you should not be going anywhere near a grade school or meetings pertaining to grade schools.[/quote]

Why does the name Chester so upset you?
freddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ever heard of Chester the Molester?
Energizer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
Ever heard of Chester the Molester?

Laughing Laughing

Freddy always ready Razz
Chester

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="freddy"]Ever heard of Chester the Molester?[/quote]

Nope, fortunately - I have not.
freddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ok...but just to be safe dont go near the grade school in a raincoat.
Change Is Inevitable

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

seai[quote="seaisle72 wrote:

The board controls the building. They tell the citizens that they don't know what they will do with it after the school is closed. Do they know and are intentionally just keeping everyone in the dark?

Maybe they don’t know and again, this is the school board putting the cart before the horse.

This group could care less about our children.

Spin the facts! Spin the statistics! Lie to the voters to get your group in!

It will come back and bite you all in the A$$!

Keep telling everyone that OC is giving the children a superior education.

You know it is just another lie!

How about the letter from the 5th grade teacher praising how well prepared the SIC children are compared to their peers?

How about 90% of the 4th graders are on the honor roll in OC?

This school board should be recalled just like a concerned citizen (not Parent) suggested!

This is a group of individuals who still thinks that they know what is best for OUR children!
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Is the beading coach still there?
ZER0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't think so Freddy. I believe they strung him up and hanged him by the neck ! Laughing
seaisle72

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Change Is Inevitable wrote:
seai[quote="seaisle72 wrote:

The board controls the building. They tell the citizens that they don't know what they will do with it after the school is closed. Do they know and are intentionally just keeping everyone in the dark?

Maybe they don’t know and again, this is the school board putting the cart before the horse.

This group could care less about our children.

Spin the facts! Spin the statistics! Lie to the voters to get your group in!

It will come back and bite you all in the A$$!

Keep telling everyone that OC is giving the children a superior education.

You know it is just another lie!

How about the letter from the 5th grade teacher praising how well prepared the SIC children are compared to their peers?

How about 90% of the 4th graders are on the honor roll in OC?

This school board should be recalled just like a concerned citizen (not Parent) suggested!

This is a group of individuals who still thinks that they know what is best for OUR children!

Change the one thing you left out is they say there is no money to open the school in 2012, correct? If that is a lie, ask to see the financials, if they deny that, report them to state!

Next, you seem very concerned, I assume you have children in the school. How about you get a group of supporters to run for the school board on the next election? you could control the destiny of children, building, the press releases and all other responsibilities.

As I put in another tread, I believe it is time for the young and caring members of the community to start filling these political seats!

Best of Luck!
Change Is Inevitable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

They have money to run the school for the 2011-2012 school year.

They will "run out" of money during the 2012-2013 school year.

They are not honest with the public, especially concerning what they have planned with the building IF the school closes.

They don't want what is "best for the children"...

They want what is best for their political careers!

They are a sad bunch.
freddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Why are there 10 teachers for 45 kids?
Change Is Inevitable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Because they sent the higher grades to OC.

OC doesn't want our teachers.

They now have egg on their faces.

Costs more money to send kids to OC.

Putting the cart before the horse.

Can't fire the tenured teachers.

Lets close the schoo!l Our teachers will now be out of work.
freddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ok lets see...it costs 16k per student in Oc and 33k per student in SI. Is this new math where 16 is more then 33?
Fire the untenured teachers then.
And why does OC have egg on their face?
barracuda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wow Freddy, 10 teachers for 45 students (a 4 or 5 students per teacher ratio).. 16 thousand per student at OC versus 33 thousand per student at SI...that's pretty outrageous. I can't imagine the taxpayers wanting to continue to overpay these charges.
Maybe SICTA should publish these statistics for all the people to see.

I can see why the school board wants to close the school and lessen the taxes for the people of SI. The only way they can eliminate the overstaffing is to eliminate the school district.

One option is for the teachers and/or parents to lease the SI school as a Charter School and let the parents decide if they want their children in a charter school in SI or go to OC.
Change Is Inevitable

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
Wow Freddy, 10 teachers for 45 students (a 4 or 5 students per teacher ratio).. 16 thousand per student at OC versus 33 thousand per student at SI...that's pretty outrageous. I can't imagine the taxpayers wanting to continue to overpay these charges.
Maybe SICTA should publish these statistics for all the people to see.

I can see why the school board wants to close the school and lessen the taxes for the people of SI. The only way they can eliminate the overstaffing is to eliminate the school district.

One option is for the teachers and/or parents to lease the SI school as a Charter School and let the parents decide if they want their children in a charter school in SI or go to OC.

I have no problem with them closing the school. If is it what is best for the children, that is what is important.

Don't give some song and dance that the children will get a better education in OC.

The students attending the older grades in OC are "more than holding their own" as per a OC teachers letter to SICPS.

It is not about the $$$$$$.

The cost will go down in the short term, but once you close a school, your community is officially dead.

The ripple effects will be dramatic.

This board keeps talking about saving money.

If they close the school they will still have to maintain the building, unless they sell it.

One board member even went to JF to see if he was interested. Just a ploy i'm sure but this board can't be trusted!
freddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

With all due respect change...I have never heard anyone say that they pruchased a house in SI because of the school. A few renters perhaps. This goes for SH/Avalon as well.
What are the ripple effects? Turn the property into a center like OC has. Something for everyone.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
With all due respect change...I have never heard anyone say that they pruchased a house in SI because of the school. A few renters perhaps. This goes for SH/Avalon as well.
What are the ripple effects? Turn the property into a center like OC has. Something for everyone.

Tenure does not protect teachers from being fired when the #'s drop. It is the administration and school board choosing to not let teachers go. Class size is a better measurement of the waste(if it is there). Often administrators, councelors etc. get counted in the teacher mix.
freddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not in this case. There are 5 or 6 other people listed as adminisrtrators.
I counted 20 employees for 45 students. From sicps school website.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Is it because they refuse to combine classes due to lack of students? I believe they should close but its not really my business. But you can't blame tenure for holding unnecesary jobs. Thast would be the school boards blame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: