Thursday, March 28, 2024

Search

Hat’s Off to Infusion Center

By Decker

To The Editor:
The Infusion Therapy Room at Cape Regional Medicai Center has recently undergone a beautiful renovation, thanks to a generous donation from Mr. James Piano, a former patient. (For those of you who aren’t familiar with Infusion Therapy, it is where chemotherapy, blood transfusions and other IV medications are administered on an out-patient basis…some patients come once, some once a month, some several times a week.)
What sets this specialized hospital department apart is not the new decor, but the amazing staff that runs it.
Each and every nurse in the unit is not only efficient and professional, but warm and attentive as well. Donna, Marci, Gayleen, Carol, and Janice are the backbone of Infusion Therapy. Terri, the secretary, works quietly, keeping the pace humming smoothly. Supervisor Nancy Royal is approachable and available.
Rare is the room full of women who work so closely and get along so well. There is a genuine affection for these fellow workers and it is obvious. Laughter is a common sound and patients are always greeted with a smile. It is a relaxing and friendly place to be, when one would rather be elsewhere. On numerous occasions, the ladies have gone above and beyond to assist me through my “issue of the week” and did so cheerfully and with empathy. I am one of those patients that is there several times a week. Without the infusion process of blood and platelets, I would not have survived my rare disease, Myleodysplastc Syndrome, (aka bone marrow failure), over the past year.
The dedicated women in this unit have made a very difficult diagnosis and treatment plan a much easier element of my life by being who they are. They have become dear friends, and for that I will be eternally grateful.
As, I presume, was Mr. Piano.
CHERI DECKER
Corbin City

Spout Off

Villas – To the channel40 spouter. You may be able to get Philly channel with a different store antenna. I guess that's the closest after Vineland.

Read More

Villas – It’s obvious if you take a quick glance at the ariel photo of Hereford Inlet that the grid of Wildwood development violates the natural shoreline. Stop the bickering and don’t use my tax dollars to…

Read More

Court House – Reading the Spout offs you find clear evidence that our Public Education is destroying this once Great Country. We once had the best Public Education in the World ,today 2024 our Public Education is…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content