Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

In Protest Ponderlodge Closed Without Notice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: In Protest Ponderlodge Closed Without Notice Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I will not pick up 1 pile of dog doodoo in this county until ponderlodge gates are unlocked!

For 24 years I have picked up after my dogs in this county but that stops today.

According to Mayor Mike Beck and Township Manager Mike Voll.....neither knew ponderlodge gates were going to be locked until they received calls from residents today. No public notice was given until after the gates were locked down. I find that unacceptable.

I also find it totally unacceptable that trails will be ripped up and removed!
59er

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: In Protest Ponderlodge Closed Without Notice Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shotzi21 wrote:
I will not pick up 1 pile of dog doodoo in this county until ponderlodge gates are unlocked!

For 24 years I have picked up after my dogs in this county but that stops today.

According to Mayor Mike Beck and Township Manager Mike Voll.....neither knew ponderlodge gates were going to be locked until they received calls from residents today. No public notice was given until after the gates were locked down. I find that unacceptable.

I also find it totally unacceptable that trails will be ripped up and removed!

Great. Your yard must look atrocious. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: In Protest Ponderlodge Closed Without Notice Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

59er wrote:

Great. Your yard must look atrocious. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Not really. Dogs really hate going where they live and will only do so if they have no other option.
crazyboutdogs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You know it's really sad that Cape May County has such a high population of dog owners, but absolutely nothing here for us!!! I mean, Ponderlodge was a nice, quiet, relaxing place to take your dog for a leisurely stroll. Most citizens abided by the rules, and most that i've witnesses, even were carry bags for proper clean-up duty. I've also witnessed all dogs on leash. I mean, why not keep this area as an open place for all to enjoy? Ok, I can see knocking down those dilapidated buildings for safety sake, but i hear that they have plans to rip up all the paths and just let things grow over? You know, god forbid they have somewhere nice for us dog people to take our pets..........they sure do have enough places for bird people, why not dog people??? Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Mad
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It isn't a competition. I mean, dog people and bird people enjoy the Ponderlodge trails.
crazyboutdogs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Never said anything about it being a competition, was just simply stating a fact.....ok, humm, let's see here, how many bird watching places are there? and how many nice ones at that? set up just so people could enjoy their hobby? you have the cape may bird observatory, all the outlook points along beach drive, ponderlodge, to name a few. any nice places set up for dog people? a very small dirty, sandy dog park in cape may.....wow!!!

you do the math........ Razz

and if they rip up the trails at ponder are the dog people gonna benefit from that? um hello, where are we supposed to walk our dogs with no trails? through the brush and bramble......but they are going to concentrate on overlooks for the bird watchers...so not to get into competition here, but who is to prosper from this move..........
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hey maybe we'll get lucky and get some poopy bags to clean up all he dung we are being served regarding ponderlodge.
barracuda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The DEP purchase of the Ponderlodge was never intended to be for the "people". It was purchased as a project to turn a Golf course and multi-purpose recreational facility into a bird and wildlife sanctuary. This is why the DEP circumvented the township and the county from purchasing it. CMC wanted it as a park for the people to enjoy the pools and all the recreational facilites, the DEP did not.
This is why the DEP put the Ponderlodge under their Fish and Wildlife (limit the public)department instead of Parks and Recreation (for the public).

Watching the Mansion burn down, the pools, the tennis courts, the 18 hole golf course, the basketball courts, and the huge bancquet facility and all the associated millions of dollars they cost to build, just fall apart over the last few years has disgusted me. The people of Lower could really have enjoyed these things and will NEVER be able to build them. But then the DEP doesn't care about the people in CMC, especially Lower Twp..want proof? Tell me of the 4,000 acres the DEP bought with Open Space money in Lower..How many are under their Parks and Recreation for the people? ZERO
ImWatchinU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
The DEP purchase of the Ponderlodge was never intended to be for the "people". It was purchased as a project to turn a Golf course and multi-purpose recreational facility into a bird and wildlife sanctuary. This is why the DEP circumvented the township and the county from purchasing it. CMC wanted it as a park for the people to enjoy the pools and all the recreational facilites, the DEP did not.
This is why the DEP put the Ponderlodge under their Fish and Wildlife (limit the public)department instead of Parks and Recreation (for the public).

Watching the Mansion burn down, the pools, the tennis courts, the 18 hole golf course, the basketball courts, and the huge bancquet facility and all the associated millions of dollars they cost to build, just fall apart over the last few years has disgusted me. The people of Lower could really have enjoyed these things and will NEVER be able to build them. But then the DEP doesn't care about the people in CMC, especially Lower Twp..want proof? Tell me of the 4,000 acres the DEP bought with Open Space money in Lower..How many are under their Parks and Recreation for the people? ZERO

Actually it's a Blessing in disguise if you ask me. If for some unknown reason the Township of Lower became responsible for the Ponderlodge and creating a Park and repairing the pool, they would have had to hire at least 10 employees to maintain this property. Now that the State has control, it's one less thing that the LTTA has to :: removed :: about.
barracuda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I know the concept of "for the people" is foreign to you, imwatchinu..but the Ponderlodge would have been ideal for Lower Township as a recreational facility as it is right in the middle of the majority of the population of Lower Township. The majority of children live in the Villas and North Cape May. They could have walked or rode their bikes to play a game of hoops or skateboard or enjoy the pool within their own community without risking their lives riding their bikes on the road three miles away to Douglass Freeman Sports field. The adults could have enjoyed the golf, tennis/basketball courts and pool. The hall could have been rented for revenue.

You could have applied for a job to obtain your second government pension. Laughing
ImWatchinU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
I know the concept of "for the people" is foreign to you, imwatchinu..but the Ponderlodge would have been ideal for Lower Township as a recreational facility as it is right in the middle of the majority of the population of Lower Township. The majority of children live in the Villas and North Cape May. They could have walked or rode their bikes to play a game of hoops or skateboard or enjoy the pool within their own community without risking their lives riding their bikes on the road three miles away to Douglass Freeman Sports field. The adults could have enjoyed the golf, tennis/basketball courts and pool. The hall could have been rented for revenue.

You could have applied for a job to obtain your second government pension. Laughing

Hahaha. You have no clue. If this was done, it would have given you and your cronies of the LTTA more ammunition to complain about. You hate anything to do with "for the people",(more accurately, hate anything to do with recreation and veterans) it's all about you retired transplants who live on the bay who may have to spend a few cents. Mike Beck is the epitome of the "Spin Doctor", and you are nothing more than one of his mouth pieces.
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="ImWatchinU"]
barracuda wrote:
The DEP purchase of the Ponderlodge was never intended to be for the "people".

They cannot legally keep people out as far as I can tell. Maybe temporarily to demolish buildings but thats about it. It was bought with green acres funds.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ponderlodge_plan.htm
freddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Im going to start dumping feral cats at Ponderlodge. That will show the bird watchers.
barracuda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Feral cats......Freddy.....if they aren't there yet, they will be..the Ponderlodge is surrounded by feral cat colonies. Laughing Laughing

shotzi.....no the DEP can't always keep people out of the Ponderlodge...but they can close it whenever they want, as it is now. They also can limit where people can go on the 240 acres...partly by ripping up the golf cart trails and by no trespassing beyond this point signs.

Yeah I hate recreation, imwatchinu. That's why I'm angry the DEP snatched the Ponderlodge away from our County/Township. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I dislike Veterans......that's why I'm married to one. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, you were right the Townbank Fire Rescue boat didn't sink at Utschs' Marina...the article and picture of the sunken boat by the Herald on the other thread must be a fake. Rolling Eyes wrong..wrong..WRONG ........3 strikes...imwatchinu...You have zero credibility....lol: Laughing
romeofrosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
The majority of children live in the Villas and North Cape May. They could have walked or rode their bikes to play a game of hoops or skateboard or enjoy the pool within their own community without risking their lives riding their bikes on the road three miles away to Douglass Freeman Sports field.

Stellar idea. Rolling Eyes Just who do you think entirely trashed that place and those facilities in the first place? Shocked The only reason Douglas Freeman park hasn't been trashed yet IS the fact that it is harder to access!
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

romeofrosty wrote:
barracuda wrote:
The majority of children live in the Villas and North Cape May. They could have walked or rode their bikes to play a game of hoops or skateboard or enjoy the pool within their own community without risking their lives riding their bikes on the road three miles away to Douglass Freeman Sports field.

Stellar idea. Rolling Eyes Just who do you think entirely trashed that place and those facilities in the first place? Shocked The only reason Douglas Freeman park hasn't been trashed yet IS the fact that it is harder to access!

The place is not trashed. I can make rhat statement because i was there just about everyday unlike you obviously.

Buildings need to come down but they have been vacant for a long while .
Prayin_Mantis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ponderlodge was a nice little golf course, and a great place to have a couple beers afterwards. Probably would have given the juvenile delinquents in the area something constructive to do. Shocked
romeofrosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shotzi21 wrote:
romeofrosty wrote:
barracuda wrote:

The place is not trashed. I can make rhat statement because i was there just about everyday unlike you obviously.

Time for an eye exam, my friend! Shocked I see it way more than you. I live right behind it. If you think that the structures there are not trashed, I hate to see the condition of your property! OMG!
Anybody else on Spout Off (or this planet for that matter) think that the structures and facilities there were NOT trashed?
Prayin_Mantis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Who trashed the facilities in the first place? The middle township crack addicts Question Rolling Eyes
romeofrosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Prayin_Mantis wrote:
Who trashed the facilities in the first place? The middle township crack addicts Question Rolling Eyes

No just the local home-grown terrorists. (a.k.a. Lower township kids)
Prayin_Mantis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

romeofrosty wrote:
Prayin_Mantis wrote:

No just the local home-grown terrorists. (a.k.a. Lower township kids)

That's great. Glad to see they were watched, and are trained well Rolling Eyes
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

romeofrosty wrote:
Shotzi21 wrote:
romeofrosty wrote:
barracuda wrote:

Time for an eye exam, my friend! Shocked I see it way more than you. I live right behind it. If you think that the structures there are not trashed, I hate to see the condition of your property! OMG!
Anybody else on Spout Off (or this planet for that matter) think that the structures and facilities there were NOT trashed?

Again, the place is not trashed. The buildings need to come down. The place is approx. 250 acres. The buildings are on about 6 of those acres. So I would say that leaves about 244 acres in fine condition.

If you bothered to walk through there, you would know that.
Exit Zero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The structures still left in the Ponderlodge park have got to go. They are becoming a serious hazard and are nothing more than temptation for the thugs that see fit to destroy them further. It's about time. And the DEP has to close the park to ensure the public safety until the demolition is complete. That's supposed to happen by spring.

I have not read anything about the paths being ripped up but that may have something to do with disrepair and the potential liabilities for injury. If that's not the reason then I would like to know why too.
romeofrosty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shotzi21 wrote:
Again, the place is not trashed. The buildings need to come down. The place is approx. 250 acres. The buildings are on about 6 of those acres. So I would say that leaves about 244 acres in fine condition.

I am talking about the facilities, buildings, pool, tennis courts, etc.
Get with it ,man! With a name like "shotzi", you're probably at least 65, but come on!
The rest of the area AWAY from the facilities are OK. What did you think I was talking about? How do you trash a tree? Sheeesh.... Rolling Eyes
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

romeofrosty wrote:
Shotzi21 wrote:

I am talking about the facilities, buildings, pool, tennis courts, etc.
Get with it ,man! With a name like "shotzi", you're probably at least 65, but come on!
The rest of the area AWAY from the facilities are OK. What did you think I was talking about? How do you trash a tree? Sheeesh.... Rolling Eyes

In your original quote, you insinuated that the whole place was trashed.....It isn't.

Most of the people that complain about the ponderlodge have never even walked through it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: