Search
Close this search box.

Friday, April 19, 2024

Search

Miss New Jersey Parade Set for June 15th in Ocean City

By Press Release

OCEAN CITY – The Miss New Jersey Boardwalk Parade, featuring contestants from throughout the state, is set for Wed., June 15 starting 7 p.m. The Parade begins at 6th St. and boardwalk concludes at 14th St. and boardwalk.
The Parade precedes the Miss New Jersey Pageant with preliminaries scheduled for June 16-17 and the final on June 18 at the Ocean City Music Pier, Boardwalk and Moorlyn Terrace.
All contestants will dress as TV characters or TV show themes. The theme idea was instituted by Maribeth Neall, parade director and has become the parades most popular feature. It has proved to be a humorous and colorful way to showcase participants.
The Parade also includes floats and individual contingents.
Following are the 2011 contestants and their Parade themes. Michele Goldberg, Miss Union County, Scooby Doo; Quaniesha Frost, Miss Tri County, Tyra Banks from America’s Next Top Model; Jachele Velez, Miss Seashore Line, Cleopatra from Series of Rome; Rachel Kuhar, Miss Salem County, Olive Oyl from Popeye; Sammi-Jo Danze, Miss Northern Lakes, Vanna White from Wheel of Fortune; Katie Revier, Miss Monmouth County, the Jetsons and Breanne Ray, Miss Middlesex County, Cake Boss.
Also dressed as TV stars will be Carmen Bloom, Miss Mercer County, Wonder Woman; Tarmara Allison, Miss Liberty, Sue Sylvester from Glee; Ellen Chu, Miss Heartland, Adams Family; Kate Bozelli, Miss Gloucester County, Charlies Angels; Vanessa Baez, Miss Gateway, Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island; Courtney Charatsaris, Miss Eastern Shore, Ariel; Angelica Nardi, Miss Cumberland County, I Love Lucy; Krysten Moore, Miss Columbus Day, Wilma Flintstone and Katharyn Nicolle, Miss Coastal Shore, Rosie the Riveter.
Completing the group are Carissa Palumbo, Miss Champaign Springs, Vampire Diaries; Katie Berry, Miss Central Coast, Bay Watch; Kaitlin Davis, Miss Cape Shores, Belle from Beauty and the Beast; Anna Negron, Miss Cape May County, I Dream of Jeannie; Roopalie Pendse, Miss Camden County, the Energizer Bunny; Lauren Talvacchio, Miss Atlantic Shores, a Mouseketeer from the Mickey Mouse Club and Cierra Jones, Miss Atlantic County, Cat Woman.
Reigning Miss New Jersey, Ashleigh Udalovas will lead the Parade on a float. Miss Ocean City, Rachel Reese, will ride the Parade in a lifeguard boat. Little Miss Ocean City, Sadie Ford and Junior Miss Ocean City Emily Aita will be on floats.
Among the groups participating will be America’s Next Top Models, Dance Express, Atlantic City Figure Skating, Jetson’ and Cleopatra contingents, Girl Scout Troops portraying I Love Lucy and Spongebob Square Pants.
There will be 12 floats including one from the Chatterbox, a perennial favorite.
The Miss New Jersey Pageant will be held at the Ocean City Music Pier, Boardwalk and Moorlyn Terrace, June 16-18. Tickets are available from Mary Lou Cake, $35 for preliminaries and $50 for the final. A package price of all three is available for $100.
For tickets call Mary Lou, 1-856-424-3564. The week of the Pageant the number changes to 609-315-1423.

Spout Off

Wildwood Crest – In NY City there are hundreds of "migrants" from Africa protesting because the housing and food they are given is not good enough. They say they deserve better. Their representative went in…

Read More

Lower Township – Great job by the school bus driver who got all children and herself off of the bus before it burst into flames on the GSP. Saw the smoke a half mile before we passed the scene and it was something I…

Read More

Cape May County – Us Attorney General Merrick Garland. I saw you on TV saying you noticed no decline in President Biden during his term is office. You are entitled to your opinion, that is what free speech and the 1st…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content