Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Liberals take their ball and.... cross the border??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops...isnt it about time that you quote the bible to bash the republicans while claiming it as a guide to life? I would call you a hypoc.... but you might cry to admin.
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Unions were the only liberal groups to make the top 10 list of outside groups spending money on the 2010 election. Whereas seven of the top ten big spenders supported Republicans.

(The US Chamber of Commerce topped the list, and gave 93% of its contributions to Republicans.)

If the unions are taken out of the game, it shifts prospects heavily toward the Republican interests for future elections.
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So basically you are saying dem voters are not smart enough to think for themselves and not be swayed by commercials. To me that means they should not be voting at all.
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

On that basis, by your measure, then your Republicans are twice as dumb, having spent twice as much.

Quote:
The flood of new money -- $190 million by conservative groups compared with $94 million from liberals -- helped propel Republicans to win back the House of Representatives and make major gains at the state level in November's mid-term election.
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I said no such thing. I think intelligent people can think for themselves irrespective of how much is spent on commercials. You are the onethat thinks it matters that companies spend money but doesnt care that unions spend money.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
I said no such thing. I think intelligent people can think for themselves irrespective of how much is spent on commercials. You are the onethat thinks it matters that companies spend money but doesnt care that unions spend money.

You and I both know that the majority of voters are swayed by money.. Just look at popular culture, do you really think Americans are smart enough to understand what goes on? I have no faith in the typical American .
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So all those typical americans that elected Obama made a big mistake?
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
it matters that companies spend money but doesnt care that unions spend money.
Wrong. Republicans did that. Republicans on the Supreme Court by 5-4, gave corporations and unions the right to spend unlimited sums of money to influence elections. And Republican politicians approved, and Republican media moguls agreed with that corrupt ruling. And Democrats opposed. And now Republicans are using public policy to bust unions, leaving corporate special interests unchallenged in the political arena.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
So all those typical americans that elected Obama made a big mistake?

Pretty funny how you try to twist everything. I'm of couse just saying that money can sway an election. The Democrats were better funded and you can say that swayed the election. . Money wins elections.
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Did the dem politicians and union leaders agree as well or did dem politicians and union leaders think unions should not contribute as well? Do you have any cut and pastes with uion leaders saying they should not contribute to politiians?
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
I know I am stirring the pot with political silliness
Nonsense.

The issue is the right of workers to have a meaningful union at all. Workers agreed to the economic concessions, and the Republican governor dismissed the offer.
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Uh oh....I thinkCops just avoided another question.
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Republican Governor Walker and many conservatives claim the protesters are trying to hold on to unsustainable wages and benefits. But the workers yesterday agreed to the economic givebacks. The workers' offer was ignored.

The legislation Walker is pushing would permanently strip the unions of their collective bargaining rights. The issue of collective bargaining rights, not pay cuts or benefit cuts, is what the fight in Wisconsin is really all about.
freddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Repetitive. Hello No-Doz.
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ending collective bargaining rights for public workers unions will have significant consequences for Democrats, said John Brehm, a political science professor at the University of Chicago.

The move to bust public unions is part of a broader attempt "to bring us closer to a more permanent Republican majority," said Marjorie Hershey, a political science professor at Indiana University.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gjwVUq4BD9Lk568yX--A6SzE9-dg?docId=CNG.9576ed0a3c481c5b26ead35227ca1523.af1
freddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Didnt I read where the average salary of the teachers there is over 100k? Thats a mighty high average.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
Didnt I read where the average salary of the teachers there is over 100k? Thats a mighty high average.

show us Freddy. every time I watch Fox the number goes up. 1st its the salary, then its the salary + benefits , then they prorate them for another 3 months since they have the summer off. Try teaching in front of a class and you will reallize there is absolutely no down time. It is one of the most exhausting demanding jobs you coulkd ever have. On top of that most states are demandind continued certifications and Masters degrees. If you don't pay a competitive wage for a masters degree who in their right mind would do such a hard job.
Prayin_Mantis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ramjet wrote:
On top of that most states are demandind continued certifications and Masters degrees.

Oh my... geeeee, how tough... oh my... something to show a job can actually be done? You can't even get a white collar job in private industry without this as a minimum Shocked
freddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Then stop watching Fox. You and Cops accuse everyone else of watching Fox yet you two constantly quote them. I dont watch, nor do I get all my idealogy from some sychophant website like some do. Ill look for the article.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Prayin_Mantis wrote:
Ramjet wrote:
On top of that most states are demandind continued certifications and Masters degrees.

Oh my... geeeee, how tough... oh my... something to show a job can actually be done? You can't even get a white collar job in private industry without this as a minimum Shocked

Perfect!!!!!!!! you fell for the trap. Now tell me the average pay of the average white collar job! When you say they are overpaid they get compared to 30000 average when I talk about their requirements you shift the comparrison to white collar jobs.
freddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

But someone with a white collar job can be fired, payes for their healthcare, pay into their 401k's, and probably would never get a fundraiser to pay their legal bills if they get fired for any reason.
Oh I forgot...were afforded"due process"(not to be taken lightly) if they got fired while sleeping on company time.
Prayin_Mantis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ramjet wrote:
Prayin_Mantis wrote:
Ramjet wrote:

Perfect!!!!!!!! you fell for the trap. Now tell me the average pay of the average white collar job! When you say they are overpaid they get compared to 30000 average when I talk about their requirements you shift the comparrison to white collar jobs.

What are you talking about Rammy?

>>> When you say they are overpaid they get compared to 30000 average when I talk about their requirements you shift the comparrison to white collar jobs

Firstly, I can't even make out what you are saying. Secondly, please provide a link to where I said what you told me I did... Shocked
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:

The union agreed to all the Republican governor's economic concessions. And the Republican dismissed the workers' offer.

This is not about the money.
freddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Its always abou the money my genius friend. If it is not the they would have been paying for their own healthcare, paying for their own pensions and voluntarily taken pay cuts so their union "brothers and sisters" would not get fired. Not about the money HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is not about the money. The workers have conceded all the money demands of the Republicans.

The only issue that remains in the dispute is the right of the workers to collective bargaining, the very right to be a functioning union.

This is about politics. This is about Republicans using public policy to accomplish political goals. This is about busting the unions to defeat Obama and Democrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: