Search
Close this search box.

Friday, April 19, 2024

Search

LoBiondo Sworn by House Speaker Boehner

By Press Release

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Rep Frank A. LoBiondo (R-2nd) was sworn into the 112th Congress Wed., Jan. 5 by House Speaker John Boehner (R-OHIO).
Boehner conducted an individual ceremonial swearing-in for LoBiondo following the en masse oath of office on the floor of the House of Representatives at noon.
First sworn into the U.S. House of Representatives in January 1995, this is LoBiondo’s ninth term.
The following was submitted by the congressman:
A NEW CONGRESS BRINGS NEW OPPORTUNITY
By U.S. Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-2nd)
On Nov. 2, the American people overwhelmingly called for a change in how the government is run; what our spending priorities as a nation are; and that job creation must be our focus. The opportunity to make that change is now.
To move our country in the right direction, we need pro-business policies that encourage hiring and capital investments. We must invest in job-creating initiatives that will benefit South Jersey and the nation, such as highway improvement projects and the Next Generation Aviation Transportation System. And, yes, we need to repeal the healthcare law. While I support several provisions such as prohibiting the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and helping seniors with prescription drug coverage, the unconstitutional mandates on individuals and small businesses are set to cripple our economy and further discourage job creation.
Furthermore, we must focus on paying off our nation’s debt by reigning in government spending. In fact, my first vote in the new Congress was to reduce the budget of the House of Representative by five percent. I have long said fiscal responsibility begins at home, which is why I have returned unspent office funds to the U.S. Treasury for debt reduction. But we must go much further in order to put our nation once again on a firm financial standing. And we must do so without raising taxes.
There will be significant changes in the approach and priorities by this Congress. One thing that will not change, however, is how I will approach my work on the issues that are important to South Jersey and the country. Whether its additional services for veterans or job-sustaining beach replenishment projects, I have been proud to work with my colleagues on legislation and initiatives that are critical to communities in our state. This will not change.
More importantly, my dedication and accessibility to South Jersey residents will not change. My single greatest focus is serving the residents of New Jersey’s Ssecond Congressional district. For constituents navigating bureaucratic red-tape or needing assistance to retrieve federal benefits, my office and I remain willing to assist. Anyone needing assistance should contact my Mays Landing office at 609.625.5008 or toll-free at 1.800.471.4450.
As we start 2011, persistent challenges remain for our families, communities and country – from an economy still struggling to threats against our national security. Working together, we can continue to achieve positive and lasting results for South Jersey, such as the NextGen Aviation Research & Technology Park in Egg Harbor Township. We will again move our country forward by removing the bureaucratic obstacles to economic growth and job creation that have been put up in the past two years, allowing our small businesses to again succeed. A new opportunity is here and now to address the critical issues facing our country and improve the quality of life for all hard-working Americans. Let us not squander this opportunity.

Spout Off

Wildwood Crest – In NY City there are hundreds of "migrants" from Africa protesting because the housing and food they are given is not good enough. They say they deserve better. Their representative went in…

Read More

Lower Township – Great job by the school bus driver who got all children and herself off of the bus before it burst into flames on the GSP. Saw the smoke a half mile before we passed the scene and it was something I…

Read More

Cape May County – Us Attorney General Merrick Garland. I saw you on TV saying you noticed no decline in President Biden during his term is office. You are entitled to your opinion, that is what free speech and the 1st…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content