Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 



Reasons why the WILDWOOD POLICE DEPT. needs reorganizing
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mrjojo11



Joined: 08 Aug 2009
Posts: 90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reasons why the WILDWOOD POLICE DEPT. needs reorganizing Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

See attached letter to editor by Michael Dellavella

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/69922-wildwood+police+department...+it039s+time+change+direction

To The Editor: It is clearly a time to change the direction of the Wildwood Police Department. The problem starts with the lack of leadership at the top and will continue until the current leadership is removed and a new command structure is in place to develop the police supervisors and managers of the future. The current police leadership has left many residents of Wildwood with serious concerns about their commitment to citizens' rights and public safety. An example is the actions of Lt. Richard Adair, Capt. Robert Regalbuto, and Chief Steven Long. I recently received information through the Open Public Records Act concerning the police department. General Order No. 49 states that all members will use digital video and audio recording equipment during the course of patrol. I reviewed 15 investigation reports from April 10 to Sept. 18, 2010. During this time, there were not any recordings made by Adair, which seems to be in violation of departmental policy. These recordings are used as evidence in court proceedings. Without these recordings, it becomes the word of the defendant and that of the police officer. It appears that by not using the equipment provided by the taxpayers, Adair is destroying evidence in advance, which is being supported by the police department by failing to supervise his actions. The bigger issue of course is that defendants are being denied their right to due process. With this type of action within the police department, the top echelon must be replaced so the residents of Wildwood can have their confidence and trust in the department restored. MICHAEL DELLAVELLA Wildwood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scorpion



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 6090
Location: NW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I agree. It seems the chief, the captains and the lieutenants have no control over their officers. This department doesn't know the meaning of the word "respect." Do they even have a mission statement?
_________________
Lincoln (R) freed the slaves. Obama (D) has enslaved the free.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barracuda



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Posts: 1968

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

"To Protect and Serve"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scorpion



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 6090
Location: NW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

City of Wildwood Mission Statement

β€œTo provide the highest quality of service to all persons equally in the most efficient, cost-effective and professional manner possible with a skilled team of employees and volunteers dedicated to meet the needs of our residents, taxpayers and customers, and committed to excellence, fiscal responsibility and professional management.”

This is the city mission statement. I was unable to find one specific to the police department. Since they have drawn THE line in the sand, this probably doesn't apply to them. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Go figure!
_________________
Lincoln (R) freed the slaves. Obama (D) has enslaved the free.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barracuda



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Posts: 1968

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hmm. I don't know what year this was written, but it should be revisited..revised given todays municipal financial circumstances and accepted operations.
Three reasons why.
1. ...".to provide services in the most efficient, cost effective and professional manner"
(is not happening unless there were cost analysis performed regarding privatization of areas of service which proves outsourcing would be more costly.)

2......."providing those services with a skilled team of employees and volunteers"
(precludes ever looking at privatization as a cost effective alternative)

3......."to meet the needs of our residents, taxpayers and customers"
(If you never had a public question or survey of what these people need/want, then who is unilaterally making the decision of what the people desire?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildwoodhaze



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What's disturbing, is not only are they not following department rules, think about the lawsuits this practice can bring. And we would loose. If there is a written directive that's not being followed we're liable. If claims of abuse are made, how do you prove otherwise if the incident was not record, per department rules? What other department rules are not being followed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseyDevil



Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 1466

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

wildwoodhaze wrote:
What's disturbing, is not only are they not following department rules, think about the lawsuits this practice can bring. And we would loose. If there is a written directive that's not being followed we're liable. If claims of abuse are made, how do you prove otherwise if the incident was not record, per department rules? What other department rules are not being followed?

That's not entirely true. An employee would be subject to discipline (if the chief decided to discipline) but not necessarily civil liability. This is a dept. rule not an Attorney General Directive or law. Not to mention that equipment may or may not be installed in a particular officer's vehicle and may or may not be working on a particular date in question.
_________________
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - removed
http://membership.nrahq.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenzo



Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 571

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

this city hasn't improved that much during the past few years so maybe a change and new tactics are needed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildwoodhaze



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If a person claimed abuse, and personal attorney would have a field day with this department, there is no proof it didn't happen. I do believe the above writter, that general order 49 exists, therfor the cameras exist. Whether thier failure to use them is laziness or coverup one will never know. But I bet, now that this issue is out, there will be a report following stating the equipment is non-operational.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Enough-is-Enough



Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Gary DeMarzo is Psychologically Disabled! Wow

http://www.allaboutdemarzo.com/Lawsuit.html

Check this out!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ClassicRoadster



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 167
Location: South Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Enough-is-Enough wrote:
Gary DeMarzo is Psychologically Disabled! Wow

http://www.allaboutdemarzo.com/Lawsuit.html

Check this out!!!


IF True.... Your point is ???? To make fun of a person with a disablity!
What a sick person you are.

If he has a disablity, then he has done an amazing job!

What was Ernie Troiano excuse for ALL his screw-ups???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHOREMAN



Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 532

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Classic Roadster, reading the attached certainly made me think of ET.

Profile of the Sociopath
This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stink_e



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: REGALBUTO BEATS A PRISONER Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Classic Roadster go to this link provided by Enough is Enough:

http://www.allaboutdemarzo.com/Lawsuit.html look at page 12 Item 22

Plaintiff's attorney demanded production of reports and evidence to regard with defendant Regalbuto prior assault of a hand cuffed prisoner while in custody at the police station.

Isn't this the same tape that the prosecutor Taylor refuses to release?
City sues for video from prosecutor

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index.php/wildwood-mainmenu/wildwood-leader/5459-city-sues-for-video-from-prosecutor-.html

This is the real reasons that Long is complaining about demarzo.


Last edited by stink_e on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billybob11.



Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:
wildwoodhaze wrote:
What's disturbing, is not only are they not following department rules, think about the lawsuits this practice can bring. And we would loose. If there is a written directive that's not being followed we're liable. If claims of abuse are made, how do you prove otherwise if the incident was not record, per department rules? What other department rules are not being followed?

That's not entirely true. An employee would be subject to discipline (if the chief decided to discipline) but not necessarily civil liability. This is a dept. rule not an Attorney General Directive or law. Not to mention that equipment may or may not be installed in a particular officer's vehicle and may or may not be working on a particular date in question.





Are we all reading these statements? We will be hearing these exact lines in future proceedings! Statements appear to be written from the source's mouth! Exclamation Exclamation
Talk about insight! Smile


Not to mention that equipment may or may not be installed in a particular officer's vehicle [/color


[b][color=red]and may or may not be working on a particular date in question
[/b]
What officer should have the priviledge not to have the equipment installed in their vehicle? Isn't the purpose of this equipment to serve as an Officer's protection, to serve and protect the Citizens/Taxpayers of Wildwood and to protect the City of Wildwood from legalities. Each officer on duty should have the equipment and in working order at all times!

PS one could not use the above reasons for Adair! Laughing Laughing Laughing Or would one try and say no monies to fix equipment in budget! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHOREMAN



Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 532

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stink_e, if this is saying that defense counsel didn't turn over this evidence or that Prosecutor Taylor didn't turn over this evidence then this is a crime, witholding evidence, and there can be a new trial.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Enough-is-Enough



Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: This is the main reason!!!!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is the main reason why http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx-J7CBQmJ8

Gary thought he was above the law and was ticketed for his violations. Why does he think he is above the law?


Last edited by Enough-is-Enough on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildwoodhaze



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm not sure what is more disturbing. The fact that people are so obsessed with Mayor Demarzo, that they are stalking him, or that you want to people to believe he owns the only silver car ever made.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stink_e



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Enough is Enough
Quote:
This is the main reason why


You are saying the reason that Chief Long doesn't like demarzo is because he pulled out of his driveway and drove down the street? Why would a cop be videoing the Mayor pulling out from his own driveway, very scary and very creepy.

Report Alleges Police Retaliation in Wildwood
http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/54251-report+alleges+police+retaliation+wildwood

WILDWOOD β€” According to Shore News Today, Wildwood Commissioner Gary DeMarzo has alleged that city police officers have issued improper traffic citations against him in retaliation for his efforts to recall Mayor Ernie Troiano and Commissioner William Davenport.

The report states that friends of Troiano and his family were responsible for writing the tickets. According to a quote from DeMarzo, he was not pulled over and issued the citations. Instead, the chief of police "flung" them at him in a commissioners meeting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stink_e



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SHOREMAN
Quote:
Stink_e, if this is saying that defense counsel didn't turn over this evidence or that Prosecutor Taylor didn't turn over this evidence then this is a crime, withholding evidence, and there can be a new trial.


I am supporting this thread with the very information the Taxem Troiano is posting.

Plaintiff's attorney demanded production of reports and evidence to regard with defendant Regalbuto prior assault of a hand cuffed prisoner while in custody at the police station.

The police department is a mess, lead by an out of touch chief and a prisoner abusing Captain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwowner



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the main reaon!!!!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Enough-is-Enough wrote:
This is the main reason why http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx-J7CBQmJ8

Gary thought he was above the law and was ticketed for his violations. Why does he think he is above the law?


I find this creepy. The cops are absolutely waging war on an elected official that is cutting costs and doing the will of the citizens. You people are following around and video taping his moves? What's next, following his wife? Vandalizing his house? What a disgusting abuse of power!

Seems the cops have no trouble with videotaping now. Maybe you guys should figure out if it is or is not appropriate to videotape in Wildwood. Some cops are famous for asking people to stop video and some are using it to stalk citizens. You and others mention that he is the one with agenda. Please keep adding to your site. It clearing shows that you are on a mission and it is wrestling control of the city away from the people that pay the bills.

Keep posting your :: bologna ::. Every additional post demonstrates that the employees are out of control and hate change. Yet, every resident in town knows that this island needs it. Demarzo should link to your website and run of the platform that city workers are out of control and need to be stopped. You are handing him the election and he will win by a landslide!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwowner



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't get it. You creeps follow him around and harass him, yet complain when he sues the city because he is a target of abuse. Which it is? He should sue you again. He will win.

Let's put it all online. Open up the personnel files of every cop in the city and put them online.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HO HO HO



Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

someone earlier brought up the term narcissistic, i felt it is time to give a definition of the disorder. the narcissist is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of power, prestige and vanity.Some tell tale signs of narcissism; has a grandiose sense of self-impportance, has a sense of entitlement (expectation of automatic compliance with his or her expectations),shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes, requires excessive admiration,takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.Denial of being narcissistic is also a sign. Individuals with this disorder are very sensitive to criticism or defeat, they may react with disdain, rage or defiant counterattack.

who does this remind you of?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stink_e



Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

HO HO HO
Quote:
who does this remind you of?



ERNIE TROIANO JR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildwoodhaze



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

When someone is tring to hide something, they deflect. It appears all of the Mayor Demarzo haters are deflecting from the real issues. Why? I beleive Mayor Demarzo has only skimmed the surface of this department, and there are a lot more layers to go thru.
From the tone of the posts and the content of the website, the haters are hiding something. This alone is enough to convince me to completely reorganize the police department, and maybe replace some of the problem ones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HO HO HO



Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

stink-e WRONG!!!! you got the wrong mayor!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum