Search
Close this search box.

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Search

W. Wildwood Mayor Resumes Full Schedule After Hospitalization

By Deborah McGuire

WEST WILDWOOD – “I feel great!” Mayor Chuck Frederick told the Herald on his second day back to work. Frederick returned to his office on Mon., Aug. 29 and resumed his full schedule immediately.
Frederick had been hospitalized since July 18 when he sustained a serious head injury when falling from a ladder in his Venice Avenue home.
“I had three meetings yesterday,” he said. “I’m back to my daily schedule.”
The mayor met with department heads on Aug. 30 to compliment them on their work during Hurricane Irene.
“I’m back to my normal routine, the same as before,” he said. “I’ve already ridden my bike.”
Recovering from his injuries was a long process for Frederick. And being hospitalized gave him new perspectives.
“I was very fortunate,” he said referring to his injury. “I feel very fortunate. Things sometimes happen and it’s a reality check.”
He shared that he received well-wishes from political friends, and foes, as well. “It amazes me,” he said. “This made me realize how many friends I have. I am thankful for everyone’s thoughts and prayers.”
Although Frederick is back to his full schedule in the borough, his days as a do-it-yourselfer may be modified.
“I’ve always been a do-it-myself kind of guy,” he said. “But now I think I’m going to stay closer to the ground.”

Spout Off

Cape May – Everyone needs to remember that DT "Hush Money" trial is about his actions prior to him being the President. This is not about him doing actions as a President. He falsified documents to…

Read More

North Wildwood – Today's US House vote that was four months in the making and mirrors the Senate Bill of February, loosens the grip that MAGA extremism to allow America to support our allies in the fight against…

Read More

Cape May – If we could just figure a way to harness all the brain power used by Spouters to pen the National Spouts, and the very wise follow up responses, there would be no need for NJ ocean wind energy.

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content