Cape May Tech
The School Based Youth Services program located at the Cape May County Technical School is presenting Financial Success Night for the general public on May 2, at 6:00 p.m. No matter where a person is on the economic spectrum, this evening will help individuals and families learn how to save money and build their financial wealth. Thanks to a sponsorship from Jersey Shore Federal Credit Union, dinner will be provided free of charge for all program participants. Attendees may also enter to win a visa gift card provided by PNC bank. The schedule will begin with a dinner period and information tables on display followed by educational seminars. Participants will choose two topics from a list of seven choices.
The session topics are as follows:
• Budgeting presented by: PNC Bank - Learn how to effectively use online technology and phone apps to manage your savings & spending.
• Building a Strong Credit History presented by: Jersey Shore Federal Credit Union - Learn how to build your credit score, fix a poor credit score, and protect your credit score.
• Cooking Healthy on a Budget presented by: Rutgers Cooperative Extension - Learn about recipes, shopping, planning, storage, nutrition, and more!
• FAFSA & Financial Aid for College presented by: Higher Education Student Assistance Authority - Tips and instructions will be presented for filling out the FAFSA, grants, loans, scholarships, & paying for college.
• Fundamentals of Investing presented by: Heiny Scott Investment Group, LLC - Benefits and risks of various investment options such as stocks, bonds, will be presented.
• Saving Money in College presented by: Teachers of Cape May Technical High School - Every day saving tips & websites regarding used textbooks, coupons, discounts, etc.
• Working through Financial Trouble presented by: Consumer Credit & Budget Counseling - Bankruptcy, Foreclosures/ Home buying, How to pay off credit card & other debt.
RSVP is requested but not required. Space may be limited on certain topics. To reserve space in a specific seminar, email: email@example.com or phone: (609) 465-2161 ext. 683.