With increasing temperatures, you may need to pay extra attention to your pool. Klenswite would like to offer you some very useful hints and tips on how to keep your pool sparkling clear and clean during this time of the year.
1. Check your chemicals: your chemical use increases during the warmer weather no matter what type of chemical you use. Check your water chemistry often and adjust as needed. Make sure your chlorine level is adequate as well as your pH and alkalinity.
Itching eyes or a chlorine smell are two examples of a pool that is not properly balanced. Klenswite offers free water testing seven days a week to help you with any issues you may come across.
2. Shock your pool at least once a week, as well as after a pool party. This helps prevent algae blooms or other pool issues that may make your pool less than sparkling.
3. Brush your walls at least once a week. Always use a brush specific to your pool type.
4. Clean your baskets. To avoid compromising the flow of water into your pump, check your skimmer and pump baskets often and clean as needed.
5. Use an algaecide at least once a week to prevent algae break outs.
6. Automatic cleaners are the best little friends on wheels. Set, drop, and let your cleaner roll onto the bottom of your pool. There are several types of automatic cleaners on the market that allow you to have more free time to enjoy sitting poolside.
7. Set your filter timers to at least 10-12 hours of filtration time in the warmer summer months. Filtration is key to a clean pool, especially if you have a chlorinator.
8. Proper water level is a must! Proper water flow helps your pump run smoothly.
9. Filter maintenance is important during these months as it works so hard to trap dirt. Watch your pressure and backwash as needed. Different filter types use different filter media, but Klenswite sells them all.
Whether it is DE, sand or a cartridge filter, cleaning your filter when needed will help you maintain the sparkle. Talk to Stan or Tom at Klenswite, and they will help walk you through any filter issue.
10. If you really want a sparkling pool, try EZ Pool! EZ Pool is a chemical system that makes pool maintenance easy.
Klenswite has been helping families have fun for more than 45 years. Our knowledgeable, friendly staff will help in any way they can.
Pool care shouldn’t be difficult; we are here to help make it easy.