CREST HAVEN -- Freeholders took the following actions at the Tue., Feb. 28 meeting:
• Bid farewell to retirees Edmund Grant, chief financial officer, and Roxanne Catarccio, deputy clerk of the board.
• Appointed replacements for both of the above: Francine Springer, acting chief financial officer at $79,240 effective March 1 and $86,740 effective July 1, and Elizabeth Bozzelli, acting deputy clerk of the board, at $82,237 effective March 1.
• Appointed Lisa Allegretto to Cape May County Park Advisory Board to fill position vacated by Jack Sparks, whose term expires Dec. 31, 2016.
• Appointed Dr. Hubert Paluch as permanent, fulll-time veterinarian and zoo director, effective Aug. 28, 2009 at $102,767. The payroll resolution noted "Return to promotional title per Civil Service Commission."
• Passed a resolution permitting shared services with the county Board of Social Services for personnel services, two to three days a week, "under the assumption of reimbursement" for a period of six months. Those services will be provided to the county Department of Aging and Disability Services from March 1 to Sept. 30, 2012.